- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Harlan County Government
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Mayor & Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Emergency Services
- Parks & Recreation
- Natural Gas Department
- Sanitation / Solid Waste Department
- Water Department
- Sewer Department
- Street Department
- Alma Utilities/Services Rates
- Alma GIS/mapping Workshop
- Contact Us
POWER OUTAGE - October 10, 2018
NPPD is planning a power outage for the City of Alma on Sunday October 21st for maintenance on a ... [more...]
City of Alma Launches a New Website! Subscribe Today! - October 04, 2018
City of Alma is proud to announce the launch of our new website. Subscribe to our site and you wi... [more...]
The City of Alma, Nebraska Clerk performs many duties vital to the daily operations of the City. Lori Tripe joined the City in August of 2013 as City Clerk.
The office of City Clerk for the City of Alma, Nebraska provides clerical, record keeping and administrative functions to the Mayor, City Council and the City Administrator. In addition, Lori performs many tasks that assist in guiding and managing the operation of local government policy and law. Below you will find many of the duties Lori performs.
The following job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Instead it is intended to delineate areas of responsibility and expectations. The position requires a professional oriented individual who is willing and able to take initiative, adapt to changes, including all technological changes pertinent to the position, and exercise judgment in the performance of the specific tasks necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Under the direction of the City Administrator, Mayor and Council, meet or exceed the State’s standards for full disclosure and accountability of local government operations. Expedite citizen, City Administrator, Mayor, Council and agency requests for information and in general serve as a public relations asset.
- The City Clerk is an appointed official. The Mayor, with the consent of the City Council, is responsible for the appointment of the City Clerk. The City Clerk may be removed at any time by the Mayor. (Alma Code 1-201)
- The responsibilities specified by ordinance are hereby incorporated into this job description by reference to Alma Code 1-203.
- The City Clerk is compensated by salary. Salary is reviewed annually by the City Administrator. Recommendations for adjustments are presented to City Council for approval. Adjustments in salary are normally effective at the beginning of the City’s fiscal year.
- Shall be the Mayor’s, Administrator’s, and City Council’s representative for the citizens of Alma.
- Shall be courteous and respectful at all times.
- Shall wear appropriate attire and maintain a well-kept appearance.
- Shall listen to and respond to all calls and complaints.
- Shall document all complaints and make available to the City Administrator.
- Shall keep City Office open five days a week (9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (9:00 a.m. -- 3:00 p.m.) Tuesday and Thursday
- Shall maintain office equipment and make recommendations for upgrades or new purchases of office equipment and related software.
- Shall keep direct contact with City Administrator, City Attorney, Superintendent and staff concerning service calls and any other City business.
- Shall prepare all documents and meeting rooms for regular and special council meetings and prepare City Office for any other meetings.
- The City Council “Document Packets” are to be prepared and ready for pickup by the Friday prior to the Council meeting. The Mayor, City Council, and City Administrator will provide guidance as to the contents of the “Document Packets.”
- In addition to the City Council “Document Packets” the City Clerk is to prepare and have available additional packets for the media and public attending the meetings
- Shall attend all regular or special City Council meetings; take accurate notes of all actions taken at meetings to be entered into City minute book. Shall also attend all committee and board meetings as may be assigned by the Mayor, City Council, or City Administrator to function as recording secretary.
- Shall file all documents concerning City business in an appropriate manner.
- Shall be responsible for daily mail duties.
- Shall keep good record of all customer payments and prepare daily bank deposits for all funds received.
- Shall keep the City Code book updated at all times.
- Shall maintain records of compliance for city permits, licenses and fees.
- Shall maintain and keep current insurance policies for the City and City Personnel. Shall process all insurance claims.
- Shall respond to clerical requests from Elected Officials, City Personnel, Citizens of Alma and other Local and State Governmental entities.
- Shall act as assistant grant administrator to the City Administrator for all grantsawarded including all related financial accounting and administrative paperwork.
- Shall become knowledgeable in grant writing and be able to assist the City Administrator with grant applications.
- Shall be or become proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and any other computer software programs assigned by the City Administrator and/or the Mayor and City Council.
- Preparation and use of press releases, newsletters, and any other printed media that may be appropriate to keep the public informed and updated as to City projects and activities.
- Preparation and maintenance of the City’s computer website.
- Be or become proficient in any other technologies that may assist in communication efforts.
- Shall be the clerical administrator for the Municipal Golf Course including all membership matters and related paperwork.
- Shall be responsible for the administration of the Alma City Auditorium and the Johnson Center.
- Shall be cross trained in duties of other positions as may be considered necessary by the Mayor, City Council, and City Administrator.
- Shall be responsible for any other tasks, duties, etc. that may be assigned by the Mayor, City Council, and City Administrator.